Register to become a VOLUNTEER today!
Fill out form below to become a volunteer. Positions are listed in priority of need. Please contact us if you have questions about these positions.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Interested in joining LCSC’s Board of Directors? Apply for our Board Secretary position. Responsibilities include:
- Position is for a 2 year term, with option of stepping down early if needed, or extending term.
- Attending all Board and Chapter Leader meetings. Currently Board Meetings are quarterly and Leader meetings are every other month.
- Record and post minutes from meetings.
- Familiar with Google Drive and Google Apps, or willing to learn.
- In charge of social media.
- Writing of other documents/letters that may be needed in the future.
- Other tasks may be added during Board meetings as LCSC evolves.
Maintains and finishes building our WordPress website. Will have projects each month to complete. We are accepting bids for a monthly stipend for this position. Please include your bid in the comments section of our volunteer form.
SOCIAL MEDIA CHAIR
Oversees all of LCSC’s social media. Keeps secretary updated of any issues. Finds ways to interact with consumers and get them involved. Sets up new social media and keeps LCSC active on all sites. Works closely with advertising and Marketing. We currently have Facebook page & group, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
SOCIAL MEDIA COMMITTEE MEMBER
Posts on behalf of LCSC on social media platforms. Member will be assigned/volunteer for a specific platform and post on it regularly. Receives direction from Social Media Chair and Secretary. Possible social media platforms include:
- Facebook page
- Facebook group
Preferably has some experience, or has a contact that can assist with grant writing. Writes and searches for grants for LCSC to provide services.
We have identified 9 chapters throughout the state, each to be headed by at least one leader. Responsibilities include:
- Organizes monthly chapter meetings/classes in their community using provided PowerPoints.
- Represent LCSC in one local event in their community each year.
- Attend occasional online Leader meetings that includes other chapter leaders from around the state.
- Make a resource list for your chapter to provide to consumers.
- Point of contact for consumers who are seeking local resources.
- Should be familiar with the cities and cultural climate of the chapter.
- Submitting local events to be added to your chapter’s website calendar.
Positions are currently available in these chapters:
Oversees all of LCSC marketing outside of social media. Furthers the LCSC brand by spreading our mission. Provides radio stations with Public Service Announcements, newspapers and television with press releases. Works closely with Social Media and Advertising.
Provides flyer templates for events in the chapters. Produces memes, business cards, and any other materials needed for events and to spread LCSC name recognition.
Oversees fundraising statewide. Gives ideas for ways to raise money and organizes events. Works closely with advertising, Chapter Fundraisers, and the Treasurer.
Produces ideas, plans, and organizes events in their chapter.